hey hey: if you’ve missed any of our progress on the master bedroom, click here to view the layout of our room, check out the mood board for decorating our space, our reveal of our freshly painted walls, and some fun accessories and paint updates.
even though our listy mclisterson (which i really need to update – uffda!) just offers a big list of projects that we’d like to eventually complete in our home, many of our rooms have “phase I” and “phase II” updates planned. our master bedroom is no different, so i figured i would update all of you on the way we’re approaching our master bedroom updates.
phase I updates include mostly cosmetic changes, including paint, linens and accessories. we’ve completed many of the items on this list – in fact, i am about 2/3 of the way complete with the DIY sunburst mirror project, which i can’t wait to share once it’s complete!
– paint (indigo) – accent/repaint tray ceiling – add end table – hang curtain rod and curtains – add seating area in front of the window – style nightstand and dresser – purchase new duvet cover, shams, accent pillows
– DIY a sunburst mirror using wood shims (like this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/272749321157021981/)
– add large-scale art above the dresser (a Sharon Montrose animal print? like this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/272749321156454181/)
– build, hang and style Restoration Hardware imitation shelves near doorway (like this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/272749321156969864/)
– remove and Craigslist the ceiling fan; add a chandelier (like this: http://pinterest.com/pin/272749321155456934/)
– add sconces flanking the bed (like these: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/272749321157132994/)
the next phase of our redecorating adventures involves more grand-scale updates, such as DIYing a new bed, purchasing a new dresser and DIYing a tufted, upholstered headboard. phase I allows us to make smaller updates to make our room feel more like “us” in the meantime while we save up our pennies for phase II.
– sell IKEA Hemnes bed, dresser and nightstand (to my brother!)
– DIY a bed (like this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/272749321157184166/)
– DIY a tufted, upholstered headboard (like this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/272749321156449440/)
– paint interior of closet a fun color (wine? emerald?) or add wallpaper/DIY a stenciled paint treatment
– add a closet organizational system?
we’re hoping to tackle phase II within the next year or two, once we amass a few more pennies. but, in the meantime, be on the look-out for some photos of our master bedroom (as it’s currently looking)! spoiler alert: we’re already quite smitten with the room.
what home improvements are you saving up for? how do you approach updating or redecorating your home?