well, guys, i sort of sucked at this whole #powersheets thing in march/april. life certainly got in the way, and not the icky stuff of life, but the fun stuff. i laughed more with L this month than i have since i started work. i took more time this round with my husband to be alone, to be “us,” in a long, long time. and i definitely got some home improvement projects done, namely our master bedroom, which is coming along so nicely!
as a reminder, here are my five main goals for the year, based on my motto for 2014, #lovehard:
- i will #lovehard on L this year. i will work together with Jord to raise L into a joyful, polite, kind, and loving child that respects others and delights in making others happy.
- i will #lovehard on myself this year. i will take (and make) time to paint my toes, shower and style my hair, and do other acts of self-care. i will also invest in “me time” by prioritizing my writing this year, especially by attending Write: Doe Bay in April.
- i will #lovehard on my marriage in 2014. i will work hard to find fulfilling and new ways to show Jord my authentic love for him. i will work together with Jord to prioritize and budget for date nights and alone time with Jord.
- i will #lovehard on my family, friends and colleagues this year. i will give thanks for them and forgive their mistakes, their shortcomings and their judgments. i will show them God’s love and forgiveness through me and my actions.
- lastly, i will #lovehard on my relationship with God this year. i will strive to feel closer to and to foster a deeper relationship with God, as well as develop a deeper appreciation for the God who is masterful, who is loving, and who saves.
and here are the mini-goals (goals that support these larger goals above) that i took on for march/april:
- repaint or refinish L’s big boy bed. we’re lucky enough to have inherited a twin-sized wooden bed from my mother’s childhood to use for L’s very first big boy bed. the wooden bed has been stained a medium brown color, and i’d like to investigate PolyShades (a product that John and Sherry of YHL recently used on their kitchen cabinets) to darken the stain up a bit.
- have girl time with my best friend, Robin. i really want to steal away for an afternoon or evening and have some fun with my girl!
- take four date nights with Jord. admittedly, this one is going to be my most difficult goal of this five weeks – not because i don’t want to spend time with Jord, but because home girl loves her weekends at home, not out and about! i am committed to trying my best, however, so that we can have some alone time and invest in our marriage.
- work on forgiveness this month with one person in my life. this is sort of a personal goal or journey for me, so i won’t be sharing too much about it, but i am working hard this year to let go of long-held grudges and any residual anger or frustration over the mistakes of others, and i will be taking time this month to work on forgiveness and letting go.
- finally, i want to again go to church at least twice this round, and i want to read the devotional book that i found last month, Richard Swenson’s Margin.
so, how’d i do?
- repaint or refinish L’s big boy bed. nope, didn’t do this.
- have girl time with my best friend, Robin. yup, did this – and we also had some girl time last night as well! we attended a production of Beauty & The Beast at a local theater :)
- take four dates night with Jord. we took three!
- work on forgiveness this month with one person in my life. i actually did quite well with this one – i said all that i needed to say, and i’ve been feeling much more positive and less burdened and bogged down, which is the best part!
- go to church at least twice. we went once!
- read Richard Swenson’s Margin, a devotional book. nope, i totally didn’t get this done. but i do have a plane ride ahead of me this week, as i head to Write: Doe Bay, so here’s to hoping that i can finish it up!
i’ll be back next week to share my goals for april/may!